Using Distress Ink as a watercolor, I added some Shabby Shutters to the peas (adding some additional interest with some colored pencil over the top) and did an overall wash of the background with Evergreen Bough.
I embossed some of Power Poppy’s new sweet Memories sweet peas with Ranger liquid platinum embossing powder on Arches hot pressed watercolor paper. I then added a first layer of watercolor with Distress Ink. Abandoned Coral, Milled Lavender, Spun Sugar, Weathered Wood and Shabby Shutters. After it dries completely, I will add a second layer of color.
Distress Ink, Perfect Pearls, water
Watercolor stripes with Distress Ink on Arches hot pressed.
Here is what I created using the Daniel Smith essential set of watercolors I swatched out yesterday together with some Distress Ink. I also tried Arches hot press watercolor paper for the first time – very smooth!
I love this Tim Holtz Rose 2 Rubber Stamp from Stampers Anonymous. I colored the roses and foliage with Copic markers (RV11, RV32, RV34, YG03, YG17, YG67), heat set the image and then went over everything with Distress Inks (Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Victorian Velvet, Twisted Citron). I finished it off with some water spritzing.
The background is a variety of copic inks in reds, oranges and yellows on Yupo paper. After I applied some abstract patterns, I placed a stencil on top and and tapped in some Colorless Blender. “Gratitude” is hand lettered with a Copic medium brush pen on manila folder paper and then stained and inked with reds and purples and a Vintage Photo brown from Distress.
For this card I wrote out the Thank You using a Tombow brush pen in black ink and then cut around the words. Using the new Elinor Background stamp from Simon Says Stamp, I stamped over the top of the words using Broken China Distress Ink. Next I layered various additional colors of Distress Ink, Seedless Preserves, Mustard Seed and Vintage Photo. I spritzed it all with water and applied some heat to set everything.
The base of the card is from Hero Arts and coordinated perfectly with the Broken China ink. I also used Distress Ink on the card base, Broken China and Vintage Photo, and then spritzed that with water and dabbed with a towel. I really like how the coated card base reacted with the Distress Ink and water.
When everything was dry, I used a Ranger collage stick to apply the words to the base and Glossy Accents to apply the Mermaid sequins from Lucy’s Cards, an exclusive from Hero Arts.
I have added this card to my Etsy shop here.